If your league is holding an on-line draft then you can use this feature to help pick your players prior to your turn and help speed along the draft. This is also useful if you are not able to draft for a future round. You can enter your pre-draft picks for that round and the system will choose the highest priority player.
Please note that Pre-draft picks are selected for you as soon as it is your turn to pick in the draft. To have a compiled list for your draft in which you, the owner, can make your own picks, but are not picked from immediately please use the My Draft List
Pre-Draft Picks – Round 1
1. Go to the For Owners > Draft.
2. From the Player To Add: list, highlight the player in which you would like to add to your Pre-draft List. You can filter players on this available fantasy free agent list by using the “Show Only” pull-down box to obtain a subset of the list (by position or NFL team).
3. Click the Add To List> button.
4. Continue steps 2. and 3. above for any pick you’d like to attempt in the round. Keep in mind, adding more players will increase your chances for getting a player in that round.
5. Once players are added, highlight the individual players and use the Move Pick Up or Move Pick Down buttons to prioritize them in the order which you would like them drafted. You may also use the
6. After prioritizing your list you MUST click the Save These Picks and Continue button save your picks for that round and receive confirmation.
Pre-Draft Picks – Round 2 (Subsequent Rounds)
Once Round 1 picks are saved successfully you will be ready to make picks for Round 2. Round 1 Saved picks will appear at the top of the Pre-Draft page.
1. Optionally, you can choose the “Add All From Previous Round>>” button to add all players from Round 1 to your Round 2 Draft.
2. Now repeat steps 2 through 6 from Pre-Draft Picks – Round 1 to add your picks for subsequent rounds.
Pre-Draft Future Rounds
In the event that you will not be available for future rounds of drafting during a live draft you have the option to Pre-draft those rounds.
1. Go to For Owners > Draft.
2. Choose at the round that you would like to make a pick for at the bottom of the Page from the drop down field listed next to the “Or, you may go immediately to:” XX Be sure to click the “Now!” button to move to that round of picks.
3. Follow steps 2 through 6 in Pre-Draft Picks – Round 1.
Placing Players on “My Draft List”
This list allows an owner to create his or her own customized master draft list which can either be used for an online MFL-hosted draft, or an offline draft. It is primarily used as a guide to aid an owner in actively making his or her picks throughout the entire draft.
1. To create your Draft List simply go to your For Owners > My Draft List.
2. The left hand column is a list of all Available players based on your league settings. You are able to sort the players either via the ADP Rankings or Alphabetically.
3. To add players to your list simply highlight the players’ name and click the button Add To List >. This will add the player to the right handed column, your Current My Draft List.
Alternately you can highlight a player from the right hand column and remove them from your Current My Draft List by choosing the
4. You also have the option of adding all players from the list of Available Players to the current My Draft list by choosing Add All To List >>.
5. Once you have added your players to your Current My Draft List you may arrange them in order of importance to aid in your draft by using the Action buttons. Highlight the player you with to move and click either the Move Up or Move Down buttons to place them in their proper position.
When finished, you MUST click on the Save My Draft List button in order to apply your changes.
Live Draft Instructions
Live Drafts are the most traditional types of Drafts, and you can choose which date and start time works best for you depending on league type.
If your league is conducting a MFL Live-Draft and your commissioner had enabled ‘Live Drafting’ for your league you will be able to draft in real time online. Each team’s draft pick will be appear as it is being picked and teams are able to comment to one another in the draft room.
Enter Live Draft Mode
1. Go to your For Owners > Draft.
2. If it is not your turn to draft you may click the link at the top of the page to enter Live Draft mode.
You may switch to Live Draft mode now. Warning: Email regarding picks made is not sent to other franchise owners in “Live Draft” mode.
In Live Draft Mode you can view all league chat and information on the upper left hand of the screen. Draft picks and draft info will appear on the right hand of the screen.
You can choose to manually refresh your screen to view picks from the upper right hand link. The Draft Timer will also appear to indicate when time will expire. Quick links to the League Home, Rosters, Draft Report are available on the right hand column of the Live Draft room.
3. Post a Message in the Live Draft Room by typing in a message in the lower half of the screen and entering Post Message when complete.
Draft in Live Draft Mode
If you have not already Pre-drafted your picks then you have the option to make your picks in the Live Draft Mode.
1. If you have defined your “My Draft List” then you can either view the players from the My Draft List or Alphabetically. Once chosen you may limit your player lists by positions by click on any of the links under “Show Only:”
2. When it is your turn to draft, Highlight a player from the Select a Player Field.
3. Click the Pick button to submit your pick to your league.
Email Drafts are great for those who cannot commit a certain time block for a Live Draft. Email Drafts will commence once the league is full. Email Drafts have a 4 hour timer for each pick, and the timer is paused from 12AM to 10AM EST.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure you are signed up to receive draft notifications via email. Once your league is setup click on “My Team Page”, and then click on “Contact Info”. From here you can check the boxes of the notifications you would like to receive via email. Make sure to check (if they are not already):
- When I’m on the clock for my draft
- Trade Proposals/Results (to receive notification of trade proposals)
- If you have not already Pre-drafted your picks then you have the option to make your picks on the league home page.
- If you have defined your “My Draft List” then you can either view the players from the My Draft List or Alphabetically. Once chosen you may limit your player lists by positions by click on any of the links under “Show Only:”
- On the league homepage go to the menu at the top of the page and click “For Owners”
- Then click “Draft”. From here you can sort to show either players in order of current ADP (Average Draft position), Alphabetical, Bye Weeks, or 2014 Total Points. You can also sort the players by position or team.
- Click “Select a Player”. From here you can click on the player you would like to draft.
- Then click “Make Draft Pick” and you are done!